11.00 am: WAG
Gods and Mortals celebrates the work of Richard Wagner with selections from some of his most popular operas, including The Ring Cycle and Tannhäuser, as well as some of his lesser-known works like Die Feen (The Fairies).
“At a time when the world can feel strikingly small - confined to a bedroom and a laptop - Wagner’s grand works remind us of feeling larger-than-life,” Zambello said. “His fascination with mythology and the natural world will propel us as we take the Festival outdoors.”
The staged concert will star Eric Owens, Alexandria Shiner and Ian Koziara. Owens has starred in several productions of The Ring Cycle with opera companies across the country and is acclaimed for his performances in several Wagner roles. Shiner, a winner of the 2020 Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions, was set to perform the role of Ada in The Glimmerglass Festival’s 2020 production of Wagner’s Die Feen, and she was scheduled to make her Metropolitan Opera debut in 2021 as Berta in The Barber of Seville, a role she performed with the Glimmerglass Festival in 2019. Koziara, a former member of the Festival’s Young Artists Program and the Metropolitan Opera’s Lindemann Young Artist Development Program, made his Met debut in 2017 as Enrique in Thomas Adès’ The Exterminating Angel.
Gods and Mortals will be conducted by Joseph Colaneri and directed by Francesca Zambello;
6.00 pm: Music
To the World, a journey around the globe through popular musical theater hits, stars Isabel Leonard, William Burden, Alexandria Shiner, Michael Mayes and members of the Young Artists Program. Eric Sean Fogel directs and James Lowe conducts.
- Thursday, Jul 29, 2021 at 6:00pm
- Friday, Jul 30, 2021 at 11:00am
- Saturday, Jul 31, 2021 at 6:00pm
- Sunday, Aug 1, 2021 at 11:00am
- Monday, Aug 2, 2021 at 6:00pm
- Tuesday, Aug 3, 2021 at 11:00am
- Thursday, Aug 5, 2021 at 11:00am
- Friday, Aug 6, 2021 at 11:00am
- Saturday, Aug 7, 2021 at 11:00am
- Monday, Aug 9, 2021 at 11:00am
- Tuesday, Aug 10, 2021 at 11:00am
- Thursday, Aug 12, 2021 at 11:00am
- Friday, Aug 13, 2021 at 11:00am
- Saturday, Aug 14, 2021 at 11:00am
- Sunday, Aug 15, 2021 at 11:00am
- Monday, Aug 16, 2021 at 11:00am
- Tuesday, Aug 17, 2021 at 11:00am