The Farmers' Museum
The Farmers' Museum is a private educational institution, serving the public, that is dedicated to representing American rural life as typified in central New York by preserving the past, recording the present and educating for the future.
The site of The Farmers' Museum has deep roots in New York State's rural past. The land has been part of a working farm since 1813, when it was owned by James Fenimore Cooper. Judge Samuel Nelson, whose office is part of The Farmers' Museum Village, bought the farm in 1829 and raised sheep there. Fenimore Farm, as it came to be known, changed hands again in the 1870s, when it was acquired by the Clark family.
The Farmers' Museum is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media